Work Location: Exter Asia Pacific Ltd., Bangkok, Thailand.
EXTER COMPANY PROFILE
Exter is a leading global supplier of specialty (added-value) savoury taste ingredients to major global food manufacturers. Our ingredients are known for over 70 years for quality, cost effectiveness and innovation, providing customers with a broad array of customized solutions to enhance consumer differentiation.
We are famous throughout the world for the traditional method we use to prepare savoury taste ingredients: slow reduction and then roasting in the oven. Slow cooking, where we take the time to let the ingredients do their job. Home cooking but on a professional scale, serving the food industry. Enjoying the genuine taste of traditional cuisines. That is what Exter represents: pure flavours from authentic cuisines, using ingredients that come straight from the land and the farm. Fuss free. Prepared with passion and love - just like grandma used to, but now on an industrial scale.
We have around 65 employees in Zaandam, the Netherlands, as well as a production site in Thailand with 20 local employees and we have 6 regional sales offices.
In this challenging position as Junior QA/SHE officer, we are looking for a pro-active and strong person that effectively can meet goals and objectives.
The role involves defining, implementing, communicating, training and continuously improving sustainability of Quality Systems and Food safety system to increase customer confidence and company's credibility including make sure that company complies to statutory and regulatory.
You are member of quality and improvement department, and will be report directly to the Commercial manager and Global QA/SHE officer (functional).
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
To assure the quality system is compliance to certified/company standard and meet customers’ expectations including legal requirements and other safety, health, welfare and the environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Further development and maintaining the existing Quality Management System and SHE
- • Preparing, implementing and maintaining quality documents and quality database as well as translating related requirements and/or set quality plan within the organization as appropriate.
- • Coordinate and perform internal audits.
- • Advising and follow up preventive/corrective actions based on internal audit reports.
- • Contribute to the continuous improvement of the organization.
- • Coordinate with relevant departments on quality issues and complaints.
- • Preparing, implementing, monitoring and advising on safety related working conditions at the Thailand locations, including company emergency plans.
- • Coordinate internal compliance to permits and legislation
- • Coordinate the implementation of the required controls to control the risks.
- • Ensure timely and complete reporting to authorities of parameters that need to be reported
- • Building good relationships with authorities
• Support Sales
- • Support the Sales department with answering technical questions and customer questionnaires.
• Other assigned by Global QA/SHE officer.
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree in a food field.
• At least 0 – 2 years proven experience with Quality Management System requirements within the Food Industry (New graduates are welcome).
• Knowledge of ISO9001, GMP/HACCP, food safety, Halal and Kosher requirements
• Basic knowledge of microbiology
• Basic knowledge of working conditions
• Excellent communication and writing skills (English)
The position offers, next to a competitive salary and secondary employee benefits, the chance to work in a challenging, dynamic and innovative international environment with responsibilities within a small company that is growing and developing quickly. Exter operates on the market for savoury ingredients worldwide. Besides a dynamic working environment with professionals and a growing business you will get the chance to expand your own abilities on a professional and a personal level.
When you would like to receive more information concerning the job opportunity, please feel free to give us as call during work hours, your contact person will be Roy de Vries on +3175-6700041
Does the job apply to you? Please send us an email or a letter including a short motivation and a CV addressed to
Sonja Sikkes, HR Manager.
Address: Gerrit Bolkade 10
1507 BR Zaandam