JUNIOR TECHNICAL APPLICATION SPECIALIST
EXTER COMPANY PROFILE
Exter is a leading global supplier of specialty (added-value) savoury taste ingredients to major global food manufacturers. Our ingredients are known for over 70 years for quality, cost effectiveness and innovation, providing customers with a broad array of customized solutions to enhance consumer differentiation. The company has experienced tremendous growth since their divesture and MBO (Management Buy Out) several years ago from a leading publically traded, best in class, value added ingredient supplier. The business is niche oriented and is well positioned for strategic growth, building on its existing customer base and demand for their products and services. Exter has a worldwide network of distributors and dedicated sales forces to support their long term growth objectives.
We are famous throughout the world for the traditional method we use to prepare savoury taste ingredients: slow reduction and then roasting in the oven. Slow cooking, where we take the time to let the ingredients do their job. Home cooking but on a professional scale, serving the food industry. Enjoying the genuine taste of traditional cuisines. That is what Exter represents: pure flavours from authentic cuisines, using ingredients that come straight from the land and the farm. Fuss free. Prepared with passion and love - just like grandma used to, but now on an industrial scale.
Your passion to bring taste gives our clients a head start. You have the ability to translate customer requirements and local taste preferences into successful taste solutions. From soup to sauce, wok to wagyu-steak, you’re the best in experimenting and developing and will be able to make our customer products better.
You’re part of a cross functional team. Well structured, a good listener and always in search for the perfect taste. You enjoy short, formal lines, as well from your manager as from your (sales) colleagues. The Junior TAS will report directly to the Technical application Lead APAC.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
• To meet the growth ambition we are looking for a Junior Technical Application Specialist to support sales in the APAC Market.
• As part of the Application team, the Junior Technical Application Specialist is supporting technical capabilities towards our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design Taste solutions in line with the customer requirements and specification
• Support Senior Application Specialist in the development of the new products and applications
• Submit development samples in time for internal and external customers
• Test Exter products in the standard applications
• Organize tasting sessions
• Keep all paperwork in good order including recording all trials and experimental data
• Support the transfer of the product information to SAP and Sales force
• Support development of Sales force tools for TAC (including manuals, training materials)
• Support Marketing and Product Development in introduction of new innovative savory ingredients
• Work effectively in cross functional teams including sales, commercial, technical and operations
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• You hold at least a degree in Food Science or Food Technology
• Strong affinity with product development of savoury foods
• Capable to evaluate the sensory properties of ingredients and customers products by using flavour/culinary language
• Awareness of the commercial impact are as important as the technical skills
• You are able to work together with people from different levels in the organization and cultures
• Has good understanding of the applications and food ingredients
• Is able to translate customer requirements into solutions
FULLTIME JOB (40 HOURS A WEEK) WE OFFER
The position offers, next to a competitive salary and secondary employee benefits, the chance to work in a challenging, dynamic and innovative international environment with responsibilities within a small company that is growing and developing quickly. Exter operates on the market for savoury ingredients worldwide. Because of this you will regularly be in contact with our local partners and customers. Besides a dynamic working environment with professionals and a growing business you will get the chance to expand your own abilities on a professional and a personal level.
When you would like to receive more information concerning the job opportunity feel free to give us a call during work hours, your contact person will be Iwona Brederveld, Product Manager on +3175-6700041
Does the job apply to you? Please send us an email or a letter including a short motivation and a CV addressed to Sonja Sikkes, HR Manager.
Address: Gerrit Bolkade 10
1507 BR Zaandam