TECHNICAL APPLICATION SPECIALIST (ZAANDAM)
EXTER COMPANY PROFILE
Exter is a leading global supplier of specialty (added-value) savoury taste ingredients to major global food manufacturers. Our ingredients are known for over 70 years for quality, cost effectiveness and innovation, providing customers with a broad array of customized solutions to enhance consumer differentiation. The company has experienced tremendous growth since their divesture and MBO (Management Buy Out) several years ago from a leading publically traded, best in class, value added ingredient supplier. The business is niche oriented and is well positioned for strategic growth, building on its existing customer base and demand for their products and services. Exter has a worldwide network of distributors and dedicated sales forces to support their long term growth objectives.
We are famous throughout the world for the traditional method we use to prepare savoury taste ingredients: slow reduction and then roasting in the oven. Slow cooking, where we take the time to let the ingredients do their job. Home cooking but on a professional scale, serving the food industry. Enjoying the genuine taste of traditional cuisines. That is what Exter represents: pure flavours from authentic cuisines, using ingredients that come straight from the land and the farm. Fuss free. Prepared with passion and love - just like grandma used to, but now on an industrial scale.
We are focussed around our customers and have 6 regional sales offices. Those sales offices are closely linked to our Product Development Centre in Zaandam – The Netherlands and to meet the growth ambition we are looking for a strong technical application specialist to support sales.
Your passion to bring taste gives our clients a head start. You have the ability to translate customer requirements and local taste preferences into successful taste solutions. From soup to sauce, wok to wagyu-steak, you’re the best in experimenting and developing and will be able to make our customer products better.
You’re part of a cross functional team in which you are the technical expert. Well structured, a good listener and always in search for the perfect taste. You enjoy short, formal lines, as well from your manager as from your colleagues. The TAS will report directly to the Product Manager.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
• To meet the growth ambition we are looking for a strong Technical Application Specialist to support sales and product management.
• As part of the Application team, the Technical Application Specialist is responsible for application of the product in final product and testing of its performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support Marketing and Product Development in introduction of new innovative savory ingredients from customer requirements to the final solution
• Set up the applications and testing of the innovative products
• Design taste solutions in line with the customer requirements and specification
• Build up a database of the standard applications of our Savoury Taste Ingredient solutions
• Demonstrate and test ingredients in the most effective way to our customer by combining your application knowledge and our Process and Exter’s Development knowledge
• Become technical application expert on Exter products and support sales through technical advice, trainings and presentation
• Gathering all the necessary information on technical aspects of a Customer Brief which will lead to an effective and successful Application or Development project
• Work close with Sales, Product Management and Product Developers to deliver solutions from project initiation, production and the first order
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• You hold at least a degree in Food Science or Food Technology
• Given the TAS role, English and Dutch should be fluent
• Brings international Business to Business experience and a proven record in development of savoury foods
• You have a passion for seasonings and savoury tastes
• Capable to evaluate the sensory properties of ingredients and customers products by using flavour/culinary language
• Awareness of the commercial impact are as important as the technical skills
• Strong relationship builder, who operates at multiple levels with a multi-disciplinary team
• You work together with people from different levels in the organization and cultures
• Understands local taste and application of food ingredients
• Is able to translate customer requirements into solutions
• Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills are a must
The position offers, next to a competitive salary and secondary employee benefits, the chance to work in a challenging, dynamic and innovative international environment with responsibilities within a small company that is growing and developing quickly. Exter operates on the market for savoury ingredients worldwide. Because of this you will regularly be in contact with our local partners and customers. Besides a dynamic working environment with professionals and a growing business you will get the chance to expand your own abilities on a professional and a personal level.
When you would like to receive more information concerning the job opportunity feel free to give us a call during work hours, your contact person will be Iwona Brederveld on +3175-6700041
Does the job apply to you? Please send us an email or a letter including a short motivation and a CV addressed to Sonja Sikkes, HR Manager.
Address: Gerrit Bolkade 10
1507 BR Zaandam