Marketing and communication support specialist (Zaandam)
Exter Company Profile
Exter is a leading global supplier of specialty (added-value) savoury taste ingredients to major global food manufacturers. Our ingredients are known for over 70 years for quality, cost effectiveness and innovation, providing customers with a broad array of customized solutions to enhance consumer differentiation. The company has experienced tremendous growth since their divesture and MBO (Management Buy Out) several years ago from a leading publically traded, best in class, value added ingredient supplier. The business is niche oriented and is well positioned for strategic growth, building on its existing customer base and demand for their products and services. Exter has a worldwide network of distributors and dedicated sales forces to support their long term growth objectives.
We are famous throughout the world for the traditional method we use to prepare savoury taste ingredients: slow reduction and then roasting in the oven. Slow cooking, where we take the time to let the ingredients do their job. Home cooking but on a professional scale, serving the food industry. Enjoying the genuine taste of traditional cuisines. That is what Exter represents: pure flavours from authentic cuisines, using ingredients that come straight from the land and the farm. Fuss free. Prepared with passion and love - just like grandma used to, but now on an industrial scale.
We are focussed on our customers from our 6 regional sales offices. Those sales offices are closely linked to our Headquarters in Zaandam – The Netherlands and to meet the growth ambition we are looking for marketing support specialist to support out product manager.
Your passion to bring Exter’s tastes to our clients. You have the ability to translate the market trends and Exter’s solutions to customer needs.
You’re part of a cross functional team. Well structured, a good listener and always in search for the perfect story to bring our products closer to our customers. You enjoy short, formal lines, as well from your manager as from your (sales) colleagues. The Marketing and Communication Support Specialist will report directly to the Product Manager.
Goals and Objectives
- • To meet the growth ambition we are looking for Marketing and Communication Specialist to support sales in the Global market of Exter;
- • As part of the Sales and Marketing team, the Marketing and Communication Support Specialist is supporting the presence and capabilities towards our customers globally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- • Creation of proactive and reactive customer presentations and trend presentations in line with customer or business requirements.
- • Responsible for the coordination of promotional roll-outs. E.g. introduction of new innovative savory ingredients. Including the creation of compelling marketing material for the commercial team and distributors:
- o Product sheets, poster, teaser, hand-out, roll-up banners.
- o Presentation, templates, tasting sheets and concept boards for customer visits.
- • Identify and source relevant packaging and branding material as well as customer relation gifts. All aligned according to the Exter brand book guidelines.
- • Responsible for internal and external communication (Exter’s Home of taste magazine, social media activities for LinkedIn, content and new feed on Exter website)
- • Coordination of website development
- • Analyse and process relevant market data, sharing market insights and trends with the commercial team.
- • Organizing successful internal and external events;
- • Work effectively in cross functional teams including sales, commercial, technical and operations;
- • Corporate identity supervision e.g. inform Exter employees about the brand guidelines in order to maintain a consistent image of Exter, point of contact for Stock Images usage; responsible for company templates
Key Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- • You hold at least a degree in Marketing
- • Strong track record in the marketing activities
- • Preferable 3 to 5 years’ experience in industrial food, ingredient or flavor industry
- • High level skills in MsOffice, Photoshop and In-design programs
- • Creative and ‘out of the box’ thinking
- • Good project management skills
- • Solution-oriented and result-oriented
- • Good organizational, planning and analytical skills
- • Strong spoken and written communication skills
- • Skills to create, design, manage and coordinate marketing activities
- • Skills to analyze, observe and monitoring market trends
- • Awareness of the commercial impact
- • You are able to work together with people from different levels in the organization and cultures
- • Is able to translate customer requirements into solutions.
The position offers, next to a competitive salary and secondary employee benefits, the chance to work in a challenging, dynamic and innovative international environment with responsibilities within a small company that is growing and developing quickly. Exter operates on the market for savoury ingredients worldwide. Because of this you will regularly be in contact with our local partners and customers. Besides a dynamic working environment with professionals and a growing business you will get the chance to expand your own abilities on a professional and a personal level.
When you would like to receive more information concerning the job opportunity feel free to give us as call during work hours, you’re contact person will be Iwona Brederveld, Global Product Manager on +3175-6700041.
Does the job apply to you? Please send us an email or a letter including a short motivation and a CV addressed to Sonja Sikkes, HR Manager.
Address: Gerrit Bolkade 10
1507 BR Zaandam