HR Advisor (Bangkok)
Exter Company Profile
We are famous throughout the world for the traditional method we use to prepare savoury taste ingredients: slow reduction and then roasting in the oven. Slow cooking, where we take the time to let the ingredients do their job. Home cooking but on a professional scale, serving the food industry.
That is what Exter represents: pure tastes from authentic cuisines. Using store cupboard essentials everyone is familiar with. Prepared with passion and love - just like grandma used to, but now on an industrial scale. Our aim is to offer as many savoury tastes as we can. Real tastes! Bouillon, meat, fish, chicken, vegetables and umami: we can make them all.
Exter has experienced tremendous growth since its divesture and MBO (Management Buy Out) several years ago from a leading publicly-traded, best-in-class, value-added ingredient supplier. As a niche player, we excel in customisation and this has led to partnerships with food manufacturers across the world. Always personal and in close collaboration.
We have a global presence and we have customers in all corners of the world. From Germany, Hungary and Spain through to South Africa, Thailand and the USA. Our global headquarters are based in Zaandam, the Netherlands. In Bangkok, Thailand we have a regional production site, an application centre and a sales office.
We are looking for an HR Advisor that can provide proactive support within the organization, to the managers and employees, with all people-related matters. This position is ideally suited for an HR Advisor wanting to make their first steps into a more senior HR role.
You will be responsible for the region APAC and will report directly to the Operations Manager Thailand/APAC. The role will have reporting lines to the HR Manager – Europe, and will primarily support our APAC region.
In addition you will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management through talent engagement, talent management and talent development. You give input to the development of the HR strategy and vision, and actively participate in the development of leadership.
Finally you will also take responsibility for the operational HR activities for your area (recruitment, onboarding, L&D, performance management, compensation and benefits, employee relations and leave/absenteeism management). You have a desire to learn all aspects of the business and its goals, and you care deeply about the people on the team. You are comfortable addressing our challenges and issues and take on an active role.
Task and Responsibilities
- • Develop relationships with all levels of Management within the business units across the region / globally;
- • Lead complex and/or sensitive day-to-day people issues;
- • Act as the point of contact within the business units for all people related issues;
- • Act as a trusted HR advisor to the local Management team;
- • Partner with managers and senior leaders to determine current and future staffing needs;
- • Partner with hiring managers in the recruitment, selection and onboarding process;
- • Support the performance management cycle;
- • Actively participate in the talent review process;
- • Identify individual and team development needs and facilitate development activities in cooperation with managers;
- • Ensure correct data in HRIS in close collaboration with the Payroll Administrator;
- • Support the monthly payroll process (input, review);
- • Support and manage managers and employees on all types of leave requests and absenteeism;
- • Advise and coach managers on all employee relations matters;
- • Deal with all related authorities for example Department of Labor, Social welfare office and Department of immigration etc. and update the related regulations;
- • Provide legal advice.
Education and Experience
- • BSc degree in a related field (e.g. Human resources, Organizational development, Business Administration) or graduated from law;
- • Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an HR advisory role in an international organization;
- • Fluent in English (speaking and writing);
- • Additional training/certification in Payroll Management may be advantageous;
- • Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.);
- • Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures;
- • Proficient in MS Office;
- • Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities;
- • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- • Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude;
- • Strong ethics and reliability.
Terms of Employment
- • Competitive salary;
- • Training opportunities.
Does the job apply to you? Please send us an email or a letter including a short motivation and a CV addressed to Sonja Sikkes, HR Manager, email@example.com. Address: Gerrit Bolkade 10 1507 BR Zaandam