Sales Traineeship - Zaandam
Exter Company Profile
Exter is a leading global supplier of specialty (added-value) savoury taste ingredients to major global food manufacturers. Our ingredients are known for over 70 years for quality, cost effectiveness and innovation, providing customers with a broad array of customized solutions to enhance consumer differentiation. The company has experienced tremendous growth since their divesture and MBO (Management Buy Out) several years ago from a leading publically traded, best in class, value added ingredient supplier. The business is niche oriented and is well positioned for strategic growth, building on its existing customer base and demand for their products and services. Exter has a worldwide network of distributors and dedicated sales forces to support their long term growth objectives.
We are famous throughout the world for the traditional method we use to prepare savoury taste ingredients: slow reduction and then roasting in the oven. Slow cooking, where we take the time to let the ingredients do their job. Home cooking but on a professional scale, serving the food industry. Enjoying the genuine taste of traditional cuisines. That is what Exter represents: pure flavours from authentic cuisines, using ingredients that come straight from the land and the farm. Fuss free. Prepared with passion and love - just like grandma used to, but now on an industrial scale.
We are focussed on our customers from our 6 regional sales offices. Those sales offices are located amongst others in Zaandam, the Netherlands; Bangkok, Thailand; Shanghai, China; Manilla, the Philippines; Jakarta, Indonesia. We are opening sales offices in Africa and in the United States. These sales offices are closely linked to our Regional Product Development Centres and our Production locations in Zaandam and in Bangkok.
We offer a traineeship of 1 to 2 years for a sales position.
You will start in a sales support position in which you will be directly responsible for the support of the international sales managers and customers. During this traineeship, you already have an important role in making sure that the sales results are met, and at the same time you have the opportunity to be trained while overseeing and taking part in the most important sales processes of the company.
You immediately get a global perspective as the customers that you work with are located in Europe, Africa and Americas. You are in close contact with the Asian headquarter of Exter located in Bangkok.
You work from the head quarter location of Exter in The Netherlands, Zaandam, and you report directly into the head of the sales. You are guided in your sales development on a daily base by senior sales managers and by our senior sales support representative. We review and advice further on your development each quarter.
Goals and Objectives
- • Quickly pick up a good understanding of the sales processes
- • Develop into a sales manager in 1 to 2 years
- • Create a high level of customer satisfaction
- • Be involved in sales administration processes and ensure flawless execution
- • Be the linking pin between the sales managers, the customers and the Exter Operations
- • Drive sales processes and take actions within the deadline
- • Analyse sales data and make reports in order to guide the sales/customer strategies
- • Able to connect people across cultures
Duties and Responsibilities
- • Active commercial approach to customers with propositions
- • Proactively identify issues and opportunities
- • Participate in cross functional meeting lead by the head of sales
- • Participate in the global sales meeting
- • Coordinating and fulfil the following sales support activities
- o Response to general questions and requests of customers and sales managers (e.g. product information, conditions of sales, production planning)
- o Data administration in SAP (ERP system) and Salesforce (CRM system)
Key Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- • Eagerness to grow into a successful sales manager active on multiple countries
- • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- • Administrative, record-keeping with attention to detail
- • Ability to multi-task
- • Focus and deadline oriented without compromising the process
- • Knowledge of and ability to collaborate when necessary with other departments
- • Excellent organizational skills
- • Analytical and problem-solving skills
- • Ability to work under pressure
- • Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- • Experience with CRM and ERP applications
- • College / University level
- • Preferred language skills: 1) English, 2) German, 3) French, 4) Dutch
- • Eagerness to grow our trainee into a successful sales manager active on multiple countries
- • Competitive compensation package
Please send your CV to
Sonja Sikkes, HR Manager
Gerrit Bolkade 10
1507 BR Zaandam
Call: +31 (0) 75 - 670 00 41.